(AUMS - Kuwait) The American University for Medical Sciences in Kuwait, College of Dental Medicine (under establishment) will open its doors in the upcoming September 2023/2024. Aums has a palatial building with a world class design. We invite you to join us in this employment opportunity in Aums for the following position:
Dean of College of Dental Medicine
The dean will be the Chief Academic Officer and Administrator for the AUMS College of Dental Medicine, who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the school’s operations and ensuring the quality of educational curriculum, clinical experience, faculty, staff, and student services. The dean promotes and ensures a diverse and inclusive environment, the dean will be reporting to the Senior Vice President, It is the dean’s responsibility to oversee an efficient and innovative dental school in AUMS that maintains the highest standards/quality to ensure the applicable accreditation status with international agency
Additional dean responsibility:
- Administering a dental (DMD) program and plan and implementing of upcoming post-graduate (MSc.D) programs and postgraduate certificate programs (CAGSD).
- Developing, executing the mission, vision, goals, and strategic plan for the college.
- Directing faculty and staff recruitment, development, and governance, and ensure compliance with all University Policies and Procedures PUC requirements.
- Overseeing the management of AUMS College of Dental Medicine, and expanding clinical partners to accommodate fourth-year training opportunities off-campus.
Application and Nomination Process:
- Candidates must have earned a DDS, DMD, BDS, BchD from an accredited institution. In addition to an advanced degree(s) PhD, DSc, or any post-graduate clinical terminal Degree.
- Administrative experience, a proven record of academic activities with professorial rank (i.e.: teaching, scholarship, research, and service.)
Applicants must submit:
- The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications March 20, 2023 and will continue to accept nominations and applications until the position is filled.
- Cover letter highlighting your interest and relevant experience/qualifications.
- A current curriculum vitae/ resume.
- A list of three professional references with valid contact information (email, mobile) and nature of relationship.